This beautiful occasional chair from Lexington's new collection features stunning wood detailing in the back. Pick any fabric you like for the seat!
Traditional taste doesn't have to mean stuffy and uncomfortable! Enjoy one of these fresh pieces!
Thankfully, we have moved on. Depending on your interpretation of modern versus contemporary the modern trend has shifted from the wild of hanging chairs to sleek and functional. Minimalist designs represent an attitude of “less is more.” Moreover, being modern or contemporary does not mean you have to live in Gordon Gecko’s apartment for your chair to work. In fact, modern style offers an extremely broad range of chairs that will fit in a variety of application.
First, find what your style fits your eye. If you enjoy Country Living, maybe modern is not you. Do you like the look of fabric and clean lines? Try something more upholstered and blockish. For instance this Ralph Lauren chair is clean in its design. While not being over the top it does clean up the look of a living room and add an edge of style.
Possibly consider adding in metal or other elements to the equation to make a bolder statement. This Hugo Cigar chair is a staple which has shown to stand the test of time, yet is extremely comfortable and affordable for the amount of style you add.
Secondly, determine how long you would like to keep your modern furnishings. The more outlandish and stylish options you choose, the more chance you take on having a hanging bubble chair still in your house in twenty years.
Lastly, take your chair for a spin. Some chairs look different and uncomfortable but remember: modern style typically stems from function. The function here is sitting so it might be better than you think…
When scouting for furniture, it’s important to have an eye for quality. What features are marks of quality and craftsmanship in the pieces Eheart carries? What sets us apart from a local furniture warehouse?
Our upholstery features:
· Durable, kiln dried hardwood frames, not plywood or particle board
· Mortise and tenon joinery, not butt joints and staples
· Sinuous wire springs
· Premium filled cushions, with your choice of poly, down blend, or down fill.
· Flow matched upholstery, so your pattern matches across the entire body of the piece
· Fully upholstered arms and cushions mean superior seam quality and the ability to flip your cushions
· An endless selection of fabrics, leathers, and trimmings so you can personalize your sofa, chair, or ottoman to be just the way you like it!
Our casegoods feature:
· Dovetail construction on drawers
· Drawer stops to keep drawers from going too far in or out
· Full extension wood on wood or metal drawer glides
· Multi-step finishing for a beautiful, layered finish
And, many pieces feature great little extras, like:
· Cedar lined drawers keep your knits in great shape
· Wire management, charging stations, and power ports make it easy to charge your phone or iPod
· Touch lighting means just a tap of your bedside table and your lamp will come on
Finally, choose a rug size to complete the area. In a living room, choose a rug that will allow furniture to either fall slightly under the pieces or completely envelop the furniture. In a bedroom, have the rug come out from underneath the bed and really showcase your bed. A four-post bed is emphasized when pulled away from the wall with a featured rug floating in the space.If you have not yet chosen your furniture consider this. Choose pieces that are finished all the way around, such as this Lexington piece from the Ocean Club collection.
You can add your own style in the accessories you place on it. This sofa table can be placed in an open area creating separation between two rooms.
If you are a modernist at heart, check out these floating stairs. They create space and openness while being just flat-out amazing.