So keep it easy (really!). Open up your doors this month and invite people to do the things you're already doing with you. Making cookies? Put on a pot of soup, light a fire, plug in your tree lights and invite your friends and neighbors to join you. Entertaining doesn't have to mean scouring your house, a multiple course meal, or hand written invitations.
Trestle style table legs, upholstered plaid dining chairs, hammered copper platters, muddled glass lanterns, rustic iron-glass wine glasses.
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1½ tsp crushed red pepper flake
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1/2 lb bacon,
- 4 cloves garlic
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb sliced Russet potatoes (skins on)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ of a bunch of kale, chopped