Monday, November 1, 2010

Our Designer's Have Opened Their Doors! Come on In!

If you've ever wondered what your designer's home looks like, you'll love this post.  Our clients tend to have grandiose ideas about how fantastic our homes are, how finished and polished they must be, and how frequently they get updated.  Truth be told, there isn't a great deal of time to design our own homes after 40+ hour work weeks (emphasis on the plus!) and, like you, we have mundane expenses that keep us from making our wildest design dreams come true in our own homes.


Nevertheless, two of us were brave enough to invite you in for a little tour.  So, come on in!


Missy and Scott's House:
The tile floors throughout Missy and Scott's house make Missy want to scream!
It's difficult to capture this in a photo, but the walls are a painted in broad horizontal stripes in a rich, chocolately brown, alternating between matte and gloss in the same color.
Missy loves layering whites and has mastered it in her master (above) and guest (below) bedrooms.




Emily's House:

 I routinely host people for dinner, so I like to have flexible furniture that I can pull up to the table to accomodate guests in a pinch.  I plan to fill those picture frames with whimsical snapshots, but for now...
 Stuck renting, I have laminate that leaves something to be desired.  I've tried to cheer it up with accessories though (a cozy lamp, whimsical book ends, and ultra-feminine apothocary jars).
My living room includes a sofa and chair from one of the furniture lines we carry, Lexington.  They make a fantastic sofa.  This one's so deep that only my ankles hang off when I'm sitting on it.  I'm planning on adding this fantastic rug we just got in:

Stunning, I can't wait!  It will really tie together my accent walls in persimmon and portabello.

I know, I know.  My bed is begging for a bedskirt and my windows need under curtains.  I'm working on it!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post!!! Emily, your new home is really coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out our blog, Erin!

    ReplyDelete